A clean electric kettle is very necessary because it provides you with clean water to make your coffee or tea. If you don’t clean it, the kettle can become a breeding ground for bacteria and other organisms that can contaminate your water. The good news is that cleaning an electric kettle is very easy to do, and only takes a few minutes.
There are many methods to clean a kettle, some use vinegar, and some use lime juice or lemon juice. So in this method, I will only use baking soda to clean the electric kettle.
Things you Will Need
- Baking soda
- Cloth or sponge
- Step 1: Unplug the kettle from the power outlet and allow it to cool down completely.
- Step 2: Pour out any water that is left in the kettle.
- Step 3: Add two tablespoons of baking soda to the kettle.
- Step 4: Fill the kettle with water and let it sit for about 30 minutes.
- Step 5: After 30 minutes, pour out the water and baking soda mixture.
- Step 6: Rinse the kettle with clean water.
- Step 7: Wipe the inside of the kettle with a cloth or sponge to remove any residue.
- Step 8: Fill the kettle with water and boil it.
- Step 9: Pour out the water and repeat steps 6-9 if necessary.
That’s it! You have now successfully cleaned your electric kettle with baking soda!
Will baking soda remove limescale?
Yes, baking soda is an effective way to remove limescale from your kettle. Baking soda is a natural abrasive that will gently remove the limescale without damaging the kettle.
How often should I clean my electric kettle?
It is recommended that you clean your electric kettle at least once a week. This will help to prevent the build-up of limescale and keep your water tasting fresh.
How do I clean my new kettle with bicarbonate of soda?
When cleaning a new kettle with bicarbonate of soda, it is important to follow the manufacturer’s instructions. The bicarbonate of soda is a mild abrasive and should be used sparingly on new kettles.
Now you can clean your electric kettle with ease using baking soda. This natural cleaner is gentle and effective and will leave your kettle looking and tasting like new. Thanks for reading!